It is recommended that you inspect your roof and gutters each Spring and Autumn. While we recommend having a professional roofer handle this, we understand that many homeowners prefer to do the initial check themselves. With that, here are a few ladder safety tips to help reduce the chance of falls and injuries.
- Make sure the ground under the ladder is level and solid.
- Prevent the ladder from slipping by securing it at the top.
- Make sure the ladder has no signs of wear or damage to the rungs and rails.
- Extend the ladder at least 3 feet beyond the gutter, and angle it 1 foot back from the house for every 4 feet in eave height.
- Angle the ladder 1-foot back from the house for every 4-feet in eave height.
- Extend the ladder 3-feet past the gutter.
- When climbing the ladder, always use both hands.
If ladder climbing is not your cup of tea, or if you see something that raises concern during your inspection, call NVR and Son Contractors. We are ready to provide you with a free estimate and assist you with all your roofing, siding, and window needs.
In the meantime, be safe up there!